(Giant Scabious) A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome large perennial, Cephalaria gigantea has tall stems topped with eye-catching primrose yellow, rosette-like flowers. Very good as part of an informal flowering border. Grows best in a position with sun or light, dappled shade in a moist or well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or very light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cephalaria gigantea grows to be a large, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 150 - 200 cm (approx 5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Large (Tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like