(Cedar of Lebanon) A magnificent large tree, Cedrus libani has massive horizontal branches, which are particularly distinctive on older specimens.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A magnificent large tree, Cedrus libani has massive horizontal branches, which are particularly distinctive on older specimens. The needles are bright green and once mature, the sweeping branches are very ornamental.
Often seen planted in parkland, Cedrus libani is a handsome tree which is better suited to large gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate until settled down then moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Large tree with an upright habit when young and huge horizontal branches once mature.
- Height: 30 m (98 ft).
- Spread: 25 m (82 ft).
- Notes: We have a handsome specimen of Cedrus libani planted in the woodland garden surrounding our nursery. After 10 years it had reached a height of 6 m (20 ft) and a spread of 4 m (13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Architectural