(Californian Lilac) An evergreen shrub which has dark green, glossy leaves and masses of attractive, vivid blue flowers in early to mid summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Californian Lilac) An evergreen shrub which has dark green, glossy leaves and masses of attractive, vivid blue flowers in early to mid summer. Ceanothus 'Concha' is a delightful flowering shrub for the back of a sunny, mixed border and also looks particularly good when planted against a warm wall, where it can be trained to shape if required.
Ceanothus are unsuitable for cold, exposed gardens as they may well suffer damage in the winter.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 - 4 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)
- Position: Warm and sheltered position in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Avoid wet soils.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Ceanothus 'Concha' may be damaged in severe cold and will require protection in extreme winters. In cold areas this will require shelter from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ceanothus 'Concha' grows to be a branching, rounded shrub if untrained.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged branches in spring and prune lightly after flowering if required.
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace failed Ceanothus 'Concha' as they can be severely damaged or killed by poor pruning, sitting in wet ground or cold winters if in a cold area or not protected properly.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like