Catalpa speciosa 'Pulverulenta'
(Northern Catalpa or Western Catalpa) A large shrub or eventually very small tree, Catalpa speciosa 'Pulverulenta' has large pale green heart-shaped leaves speckled with luminous white variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A large shrub or eventually very small tree, Catalpa speciosa 'Pulverulenta' has large pale green heart-shaped leaves speckled with luminous white variegation. Established plants produce panicles of purple spotted white flowers in mid to late summer.
Catalpa speciosa 'Pulverulenta' is an eye-catching but fairly slow growing shrub or in many years a very small tree, most suited to a warm, sunny position or very light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or very light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. This Catalpa requires a sheltered position in Northern parts of the U.K. and grows best when planted in a position protected from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White with occasional purple markings
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Catalpa speciosa 'Pulverulenta' grows to be a large shrub or eventually, a small rounded tree in time.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) / or up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / or up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant
- On sale!