Catalpa fargesii f. duclouxii
(Chinese Bean Tree) Catalpa fargesii f. duclouxii is a delightful, rare flowering tree which was first found by westerners growing in the Wudang region of Hubei, China in the early Twentieth Century.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A delightful, rare flowering tree which was first found by westerners growing in the Wudang region of Hubei, China in the early Twentieth Century.
Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii is a spectacular tree which has clusters of pretty, pale white to lilac-pink, foxglove-like flowers with reddish spots in midsummer. The leaves are quite elegant with a narrow, pointed tip.
Once established, Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii probably has the most eye-catching flowers of any Catalpa listed here.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. This Catalpa requires a sheltered position in Northern parts of the U.K. and grows best when planted in a position protected from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Catalpa fargesii f duclouxii grows to be a small tree with a spreading, rounded crown once established.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread:8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also likeNew Price Each £15.00
New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £16.95