Camellia 'Cornish Spring'
New to us, Camellia 'Cornish Spring' is a hybrid Camellia with bronze coloured young shoots and masses of small bright pink flowers in early Spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Camellia 'Cornish Spring' is a hybrid Camellia with bronze coloured young shoots and masses of small bright pink flowers in early Spring. The leaves are lighter green and smaller in size than the more commonly seen Camellia japonica cultivars.
Best display of flowers once established will be seen if planted in a position with sun or partial shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas this can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires shelter from cold wind if possible - can suffer winter damage in cold, exposed sites.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Camellia 'Cornish Spring' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, rounded shrub
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Notes: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring. Also known as Camellia cuspidata × japonica 'Cornish Spring'
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Flowers in Winter