- Sold Out
Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa'
A medium sized evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' has a rounded, compact habit with handsome, pure white double anemone form flowers in spring.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A medium sized evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' has a rounded, compact habit with handsome, pure white double anemone form flowers in spring. These flowers stand out very well against the dark, green glossy leaves.
Excellent choice of shrub for spring interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - March.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Winter