Camellia japonica 'Lily Pons'
An attractive large shrub with pretty, white single to semi-double flowers and gold central stamens.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An attractive large shrub with pretty, white single to semi-double flowers and gold central stamens. These spring flowers look a little similar in appearance to those of a water lily and stand out well against the dark green, glossy leaves.
Eye-catching shrub for spring interest in a border and will grow well in a container filled with ericaceous compost
- Position: Full sun or shade (avoid east facing areas)
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas, Camellia japonica 'Lily Pons' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like