Callicarpa dichotoma 'Issai'
(Beauty Berry) A handsome medium-sized shrub, Callicarpa dichotoma 'Issai' has arching branches with bright green leaves and masses of lilac coloured fruit in late summer and autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A handsome medium-sized shrub, Callicarpa dichotoma 'Issai' has arching branches with bright green leaves and masses of lilac coloured fruit in late summer and autumn. Clusters of small, pale pink flowers appear on the branches in early summer before the fruit appear.
Several Callicarpa dichotoma 'Issai' planted together usually gives better pollination, more berries and a spectacular display of late colour.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Callicarpa will usually establish itself better in a warm garden.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Callicarpa dichotoma 'Issai' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Pruning: Prune to shape in early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like