(Siberian Bugloss) Brunnera macrophylla is a ground cover plant with clumps of heart-shaped emerald green leaves and starry blue flowers borne above the leaves in late spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely ground cover plant producing clumps of heart-shaped emerald green leaves early in spring and a delicate scattering of starry blue forget-me-not flowers borne above the leaves in late spring.
Brunnera macrophylla is an excellenty companion plant to spring bulbs.
- Position: Sun or light dappled, partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Brunnera macrophylla grows to be a clump forming, ground cover perennial.
- Height: up to 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Cut Brunnera macrophylla back in the summer time for a fresh flush of leaves and a few late flowers
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring