Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine'
(Senecio) Native to New Zealand, Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is a semi-evergreen shrub with silver-grey young leaves which turn green as they age and masses of colourful bright yellow flowers in late summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
Native to New Zealand, Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is a semi-evergreen shrub with silver-grey young leaves which turn green as they age and masses of colourful bright yellow flowers in late summer.
Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' is reasonably hardy but typically requires a warm sunny position in well drained soil to grow and flower well. It does well in coastal areas but shelter from the wind if possible in cold areas and avoid planting in wet or waterlogged soils.
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' will tolerant poor soils but does not enjoy wet areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. May require shelter from wind in cold areas.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Brachyglottis greyi 'Sunshine' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Blue/Silver