Betula ermanii 'Kwanak Weeping'
(Weeping Birch) A rare small tree, Betula ermanii 'Kwanak Weeping' has beautiful creamy white peeling bark and with the branches gently pendulous, particularly on the tips.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare small tree, Betula ermanii 'Kwanak Weeping' has beautiful creamy white peeling bark and with the branches gently pendulous, particularly on the tips. The specimen in our arboretum has attractive green leaves which turn handsome shades of yellow in autumn before falling.
Betula ermanii 'Kwanak Weeping' seems to be quite a bit slower growing than many of the other birches here and our nine year old plant has reached a height of only approx 10 - 13 ft.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula ermanii grows to be a small branching tree with gently pendulous branches.
- Height: eventually up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft) in many years
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping