- On sale!
Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao Purple'
(Erman's Birch) A fantastic tree, Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' has dark purple and orange, peeling bark with prominent horizontal lenticels.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A fantastic tree, Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' has dark purple and orange, peeling bark with prominent horizontal lenticels. The leaves are mid green, turning shades of dark yellow in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' is a fine specimen tree, with lovely peeling bark once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' grows to be a medium sized, slender, branching tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Autumn Colour
You might also like