Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao Purple'
(Erman's Birch) A fantastic tree, Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' has dark purple and orange, peeling bark with prominent horizontal lenticels.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A fantastic tree, Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' has dark purple and orange, peeling bark with prominent horizontal lenticels. The leaves are mid green, turning shades of dark yellow in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' is a fine specimen tree, with lovely peeling bark once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Mount Zao' grows to be a medium sized, slender, branching tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark, Rare and Unusual