Berberis linearifolia 'Orange King'
(Barberry) Berberis linearifolia 'Orange King' is a superb evergreen, medium sized shrub once established with dark green, glossy leaves and massses of bright orange flowers in Spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Berberis linearifolia 'Orange King' is a superb evergreen, medium sized shrub once established with dark green, glossy leaves and masses of bright orange flowers in Spring. The lovely flower display if followed by black-blue fruit later in the summer. The stems are usually upright initially and arching once mature, forming an elegant vase-shaped habit.
Best flower display in a position with plenty of sun and ideally shelter from strong winds. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Avoid planting in cold, windy positions.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Berberis linearifolia 'Orange King' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers