Berberis thunbergii 'Green Carpet'
(Barberry) A popular low shrub, Berberis thunbergii 'Green Carpet' has bright green leaves which turn vivid shades of amber or red before falling in autumn and delicate, pale-lemon flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A popular low shrub, Berberis thunbergii 'Green Carpet' has bright green leaves which turn vivid shades of amber or red before falling in autumn and delicate, pale-lemon flowers in spring. These flowers are very charming and stand out well against the fresh green leaves.
Berberis thunbergii 'Green Carpet' is a small, ornamental shrub with interest from spring to autumn and ideal for difficult sites!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Green Carpet' grows to be a low, spreading shrub.
- Height: 0.75 m (2 ½ ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Pruning: Any occasional upright branches should be pruned out in late autumn or winter if you wish to accentuate the carpet effect.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like