Aucuba japonica 'Pepperspot'
New to us, Aucuba japonica 'Pepperspot' is a robust evergreen shrub with dark green leaves covered with masses of tiny yellow spots.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
New to us, Aucuba japonica 'Pepperspot' is a robust evergreen shrub with dark green leaves covered with masses of tiny yellow spots. grows as a rounded shrub once established.
Suitable for sun or shade and known for tolerating difficult positions such as dry, heavy shade quite well. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or shade. Will tolerate heavy shade well.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-red
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Aucuba japonica 'Pepperspot' grows to be a small rounded shrub in the short term, eventually growing to be medium sized..
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Aucuba japonica 'Pepperspot' is tolerant of atmospheric pollution, making it a good choice of shrub for an urban gardens.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Variegated, Suitable for Containers