Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina'
(Snowy mespilus) Lovely small tree suited for gardens with limited space, Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' is a free flowering selection with a superb display of white flowers in spring.
Lovely small tree suited for gardens with limited space, Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' is a free flowering selection with a superb display of white flowers in spring. The leaves are an attractive, cool green in spring / summer, turning shades of bright red, orange and gold in the autumn before falling.
A superb choice for planting as a either a standalone specimen tree or as part of a mixed flowering border.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, neutral or acid soil. Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' will have more intense autumn colour when planted in acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' grows to be a very small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: This tree is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year. This plant is also known as Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Ballerina'.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring