Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina'
(Snowy mespilus) Lovely small tree suited for gardens with limited space, Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' is a free flowering selection with a superb display of white flowers in spring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Lovely small tree suited for gardens with limited space, Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' is a free flowering selection with a superb display of white flowers in spring. The leaves are an attractive, cool green in spring / summer, turning shades of bright red, orange and gold in the autumn before falling.
A superb choice for planting as a either a standalone specimen tree or as part of a mixed flowering border.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, neutral or acid soil. Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' will have more intense autumn colour when planted in acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier lamarckii 'Ballerina' grows to be a very small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: This tree is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year. This plant is also known as Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Ballerina'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like