Amelanchier 'Princess Diana'
(Snowy Mespilus) Amelanchier 'Princess Diana' is a splendid Amelanchier with numerous clusters of pretty, white flowers in spring, followed by attractive, edible, purplish-blue fruit in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This is a splendid Amelanchier with numerous clusters of pretty, white flowers in spring, followed by attractive, edible, purplish-blue fruit in summer.
Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' seems particularly resistant to leaf spot and has superb orange and red autumn colour once established. It is an excellent small tree with year round interest and also encourages wildlife.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' grows to be a small branching tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Birds)
- On sale!
- On sale!