Akebia quinata 'Alba'
15(Chocolate vine) An eye catching evergreen climber, Akebia quinata 'Alba' has cascades of fragrant, pure white flowers in spring which stand out well against the handsome, deep green leaves.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An eye catching selection of chocolate vine with white flowers, Akebia quinata 'Alba' has cascades of fragrant, pure white flowers in spring which stand out well against the handsome, deep green leaves.
An unusual plant and ideal as a semi-evergreen climber for growing up trellis or wires against walls, fences or a pagoda.
As a semi-evergreen plant Akebia quinata 'Alba' may keep all its leaves in a mild winter but after a cold snap or severe winter, you may see some purple bruising on the leaves or they may fall altogether. This is nothing to worry about, fresh leaves will emerge the following Spring and it will continue to grow as normal.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Akebia quinata 'Alba' is semi-evergreen and will drop its leaves in a cold winter.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Akebia quinata 'Alba' is a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Honey Fungus Resistant