(Snake-bark Maple) Rare in the UK, Acer rubescens is a small and spreading tree once established with green bark covered with vertical, sinuous white lines.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Rare in the UK, Acer rubescens is a small and spreading tree once established with green bark covered with vertical, sinuous white lines. The leaves are glossy green in colour and have good orange/bronze autumn tints before they fall. Native to Taiwan.
Suitable for a warm, sheltered position in sun or light, dappled shade. Avoid planting in cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Shelter from strong winds and protect from late spring frost if necessary.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer rubescens grows to be a small, branching, spreading tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual, Ornamental Bark