Acer palmatum 'Starfish'
(Japanese Maple) An unusual new maple, Acer palmatum 'Starfish' has very deeply cut, dark reddish-purple summer leaves (which look a little like starfish) with bright orange-red autumn colour.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An unusual new maple, Acer palmatum 'Starfish' has very deeply cut, dark reddish-purple summer leaves (which look a little like starfish) with bright orange-red autumn colour. Established plants seem to grow with a compact, upright habit.
Acer palmatum 'Starfish' is suitable for sun or dappled shade and can be grown in a container or as a standalone specimen plant.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Starfish' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Starfish' will grow to be an upright medium sized to large shrub.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, To grow in a pot
You might also like