Acer palmatum 'Starfish'
(Japanese Maple) An unusual new maple, Acer palmatum 'Starfish' has very deeply cut, dark reddish-purple summer leaves (which look a little like starfish) with bright orange-red autumn colour.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual new maple, Acer palmatum 'Starfish' has very deeply cut, dark reddish-purple summer leaves (which look a little like starfish) with bright orange-red autumn colour. Established plants seem to grow with a compact, upright habit.
Acer palmatum 'Starfish' is suitable for sun or dappled shade and can be grown in a container or as a standalone specimen plant.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Starfish' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Starfish' will grow to be an upright medium sized to large shrub.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Habit - Architectural, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Foliage - Unusual Shape