Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is a lovely maple with green summer leaves turning gold to red in autumn and handsome yellow and orange winter stems.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is a lovely maple with green summer leaves turning gold to red in autumn and handsome yellow and orange winter stems. The fresh leaves in spring have tints of pink in spring as they emerge.
With the colourful winter stems, Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is eye-catching all year round and grows to be a large shrub or very small tree in time, most suited for a position in sun or light, dappled shade with a little shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' will grow to be a large shrub or small branching tree in time.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems