Acer palmatum 'Viridis'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Viridis' is a slow growing, mound forming Japanese maple with arching branches and deeply cut green summer leaves which turn golden-yellow, orange and red in autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Ideal for a small garden, this graceful maple has a mound-like habit and deeply cut leaves which colour brilliantly to gold or red in the autumn before falling.
Low growing with weeping branches, Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' is most effective when planted as part of a low border or allowed to grow on rockeries, or over low walls. A superb Acer for growing in a large tub or container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized shrub with a mound-like habit.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft) / up to 1 m (3 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) / up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: Please bear in mind that this slow growing Acer is not an instant specimen plant and will take at least several years (after planting/potting on) to grow and fill out into the distinctive rounded, mound-like habit.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Suitable for Containers