Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg'
(Japanese Maple) Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves. The leaves are striking in appearance and notably convex in shape, even looking a little claw-like on occasion. In autumn the leaves colour up to shades of bright red and scarlet before falling.
A large branching shrub or eventually small tree which is ideal for a sunny garden position perhaps next to a path or often used area of the garden where the extraordinary leaves can be best appreciated.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or very small tree with an open form and arching branches.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like