Acer campestre 'Postelense'
(Golden-leaved Field Maple) Acer campestre 'Postelense' is a rare selection of our common Field Maple, slowly going to be a handsome small tree which has beautiful, soft, golden-yellow foliage.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Acer campestre 'Postelense' is a rare selection of our common Field Maple, slowly going to be a handsome small tree which has beautiful, soft, golden-yellow foliage.. It is most suitable for a position in dappled shade with enough sunlight to colour the foliage well but not enough to burn the leaves in late summer. A distinctive ornamental tree suitable for gardens of most sizes!
- Position: Light dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate. Usually very slow growing when young and not for instant gratification!
- Habit: Very small, spreading tree.
- Height: 2 - 3 m
- Spread: 2 - 3 m
- Notes: Acer campestre 'Postelense will produce better quality leaves if planted in an areas sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow