Abies nordmanniana 'Golden Spreader'
(Dwarf Golden Fir) A very slow-growing evergreen conifer, Abies nordmanniana 'Golden Spreader' has ornamental soft golden-yellow foliage and a low spreading habit when young.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A very slow-growing evergreen conifer, Abies nordmanniana 'Golden Spreader' has ornamental soft golden-yellow foliage and a low spreading habit when young.
Once established after many years (10+), Abies nordmanniana 'Golden Spreader' typically develops into a an eye-catching very small, pyramidal tree.
A hardy conifer, the best foliage colour is seen when this is planted in a position which receives plenty of sunshine.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very Slow.
- Habit: Abies nordmanniana 'Golden spreader' is low and spreading for many years eventually developing into a very small pyramidal tree.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft) in many, many years.
- Spread: eventually up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: If a main leader starts to develop it can be pruned out if a low, flat habit is required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like