Zelkova serrata 'Variegata'
A rare and slow growing shrub, Zelkova serrata 'Variegata' has an arching habit and lovely white variegated leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Variegated Water Elm) A rare and slow growing shrub, Zelkova serrata 'Variegata' has an arching habit and lovely variegated leaves. The leaves are serrated and have a lovely cream variegation that slowly takes on a rose pink hue in autumn before they fall.
Zelkova serrata 'Variegata' is a beautiful plant, usually best suited for a position in light, dappled shade where the variegated leaves stand out best.
- Position: Light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Zelkova serrata 'Variegata' eventually grows to be a medium sized or large shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m - 4 m (8 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m - 4 m (8 - 14 ft).
- Notes: Despite the common name, Zelkova serrata 'Variegata' is not really an elm and therefore not attacked by Dutch Elm Disease.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
You might also like