Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan'
An eye-catching hardy climber, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan' has masses of creamy white flower racemes in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An eye-catching climber, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan' has masses of creamy white flower racemes in early summer. The flower racemes are impressive but usually wide and teardrop-shaped rather than particularly long. The downy, soft leaves are bronze-ish when they emerge, turning bright green in summer.
A popular plant for training along wires or up trellis against a sunny house wall or fence and Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan' is also extremely attractive when grown through established trees or shrubs!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning branches back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like