Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple'
An unusual climber, Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple has long racemes of exquisite, perfumed, purple flowers in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual climber, Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple has long racemes of exquisite, perfumed, purple flowers in early summer. A popular plant for training along wires or up trellis against a sunny house wall or fence and Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' is also extremely attractive when grown through established trees or shrubs!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Deep purple
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like