(Japanese Weigela) An unusual shrub native to Japan, Weigela coraeensis has long- lasting, white, flowers which turn pink then red, giving the illusion of a plant bearing three differently coloured flowers.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual shrub native to Japan, Weigela coraeensis has long- lasting, white, flowers which turn pink then red, giving the illusion of a plant bearing three differently coloured flowers. These eye-catching flowers stand out well against the large, bright green leaves.
Weigela coraeensis is a spectacular yet often overlooked plant and a beautiful flowering addition to any garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Pink and white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Weigela coraeensis grows to be a medium sized or large, branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) - 4 m (13 ft) or smaller if lightly pruned at regular intervals.
- Spread: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Weigela coraeensis is tolerant of atmospheric pollution and coastal gardens. It can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual