Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton'
Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a handsome, medium sized, semi-evergreen shrub with masses of fragrant, creamy-white flowers in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome, medium sized, semi-evergreen shrub with masses of fragrant, creamy-white flowers in early summer. The narrow leaves of Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' are bronze when they first emerge in spring, darkening to green as they age, before turning vivid shades of plum purple or red in autumn/winter if they fall. Clusters of red fruit appear in autumn gradually darken to black before falling.
Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a low maintenance garden shrub with plenty of interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a semi-evergreen plant and will drop its leaves in cold winters. In a very warm, or sheltered garden the leaves may stay on all year round.
- Flowering Period: June
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: This plant is hybrid between Viburnum erubescens and Viburnum henryi first selected at Hillier Nurseries.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like