Available Winter 2018
(Japanese Tallow Tree ) A beautiful plant, native to the woods of Central and Southern Japan, as well as parts of China and Korea.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A beautiful plant, native to the woods of Central and Southern Japan, as well as parts of China and Korea. Sapium japonicum has handsome dark green leaves which turn glowing shades of crimson and red in the autumn time before falling.
Once established, greenish-yellow, catkin like flowers can be seen in mid summer. This is both rare in cultivation and widely recognised to have some of the best autumn colours of any tree!
- Position: Warm in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, lime free, fertile soil. Sapium japonicum generally does not grow well in a shallow, chalky soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Sapium japonicum requires protection from cold winter winds and cold winter weather.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sapium japonicum grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Please also note that Sapium japonicum can be a fickle and difficult plant, suitable for experienced gardeners only. As such, it is covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like