Magnolia x 'Galaxy'
Magnolia x 'Galaxy' grows as an upright, pyramidal shaped small tree and in early summer it is covered with masses of beautiful, purple-red flowers once established.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Magnolia x 'Galaxy' grows as an upright, pyramidal shaped small tree and in early summer it is covered with masses of beautiful, purple-red flowers once established. The leaves are an attractive, dark green in colour.
The striking upright habit and pretty spring flowers makes this Magnolia a sought after garden tree.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx three years old, 40 - 50 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Shelter from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Purplish red / pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'Galaxy' grows to be a pyramidal small tree or eventually medium sized tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Although naturally branching, Magnolia x 'Galaxy' can be easily trained and pruned to cause it to grow with a single trunk if required. This plant is a hybrid between Magnolia liliflora 'Nigra' and Magnolia sprengeri 'Diva'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like