Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina'
Available Autumn 2018
(Chinese Stachyurus) A lovely rare species introduced from China by Wilson in 1908, Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' has long, stiffly pendulous, racemes of soft-yellow flowers in spring.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A lovely rare species introduced from China by Wilson in 1908, Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' has long, stiffly pendulous, racemes of soft-yellow flowers in spring. The flowers are very pretty and complimented by dark, purple-brown stems. The dark green leaves turn handsome shades of pink, red or orange before falling in autumn.
Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' is an unusual and exciting garden plant!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, acidic, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' requires protection from cold winds.
- Flowering Period: March.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a rounded habit.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' will grow in full sun as long as it is planted in a soil which remains moist all year round. As a general rule of thumb, it is usually a little less demanding in a position with partial shade or dappled sunlight.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Catkins, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like