(Willow-Leaved Stachyurus) A rare semi-evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Stachyurus salicifolius has long, narrow, dark green leaves and once established drooping yellow flowers in early spring.
This unusual plant is rarely available. Please use the notification system below if you wish to be contacted if/when more are available.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare semi-evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Stachyurus salicifolius has long, narrow, dark green leaves and once established drooping yellow flowers in early spring.
Stachyurus salicifolius requires a warm position in a sunny garden to thrive and requires protection from cold winter winds. Best suited for experienced gardeners.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Stachyurus salicifolius may require protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: Feb-March.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow - Moderate
- Habit: Stachyurus salicifolius grows to be a small or medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will replace a Stachyurus salicifolius which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Rare and Unusual