(Christmas Box) Popular evergreen shrub native to western China, Sarcococca confusa has glossy, dark-green leaves and masses of fragrant, cream-coloured flowers in midwinter.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
Popular evergreen shrub native to western China, Sarcococca confusa has glossy, dark-green leaves and masses of fragrant, cream-coloured flowers in midwinter. These flowers are exceptionally well scented and flowering twigs may be cut and taken into the house for their lovely perfume.
Suitable in size for even the smallest of gardens and a particularly good choice of shrub for an area near a door where the flowers fragrance can be appreciated, it will also grow well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist, well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: December - March.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sizes, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Sarcococca confusa can be pruned if necessary and can be grown as an unusual hedge.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
You might also like