(Bee-bee Tree) A rare tree native to parts of eastern China and Korea, Tetradium daniellii has attractive, long pinnate (feather-like) leaves and clusters of scented creamy-white flowers in late summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (seed grown, three to four years old, 80 - 100 cm tall)
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare tree native to parts of eastern China and Korea, Tetradium daniellii has attractive, long pinnate (feather-like) leaves and clusters of scented creamy-white flowers in late summer. These flower are are extremely popular with bees and butterflies and are followed by curious dark reddish-purple fruit in autumn (a favourite for birds!).
Tetradium daniellii grows to be an unusual garden tree, established specimens have a distinctive umbrella shape.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Tetradium daniellii enjoys a position sheltered from cold winds.
- Flowering Period: August
- Flower Colour: Creamy-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tetradium daniellii grows to be a small spreading, umbrella shaped tree.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Euodia hupehensis.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like