A vigorous evergreen large shrub or eventually very small tree, Photinia 'Redstart' has bronze-red young leaves in spring which turn dark green as they mature.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A vigorous evergreen large shrub or eventually very small tree, Photinia 'Redstart' has bronze-red young leaves in spring which turn dark green as they mature. Established plants have clusters of small white flowers in summer followed by orange-red fruit later in the year.
Photinia 'Redstart' is a reliable garden plant which once established can be used for screening or hedging.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Photinia 'Redstart' grows to be a large shrub or eventually very small branching tree. Can be pruned if required.
- Height: approx 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Photinia 'Redstart' is a hybrid between Stranvaesia davidiana & Photinia × fraseri. Previously known as Stranvaesia x 'Redstart'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge
You might also like