One of the best autumn flowering shrubs and native to parts of China and Japan, Lespedeza thunbergii has arching stems covered with light-green leaves, and sprays of vivid purple-red, pea-like flowers.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
One of the best autumn flowering shrubs and native to parts of China and Japan, Lespedeza thunbergii has arching stems covered with light-green leaves, and sprays of vivid purple-red, pea-like flowers. The flowers are very pretty and somewhat similar in appearance to those of a Wisteria.
A spectacular medium sized garden shrub!
Supplied Size: 3L pot (approx 40 - 60 cm tall) - 1 plant left at this size
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Lespedeza thunbergii should not be planted in areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Lespedeza thunbergii requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching shrub with an arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Prune to shape in spring before new growth emerges if required. Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace a Lespedeza thunbergii which is damaged or killed by wet or cold winter weather.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like