(American Lime) Native to the South-east United States, Tilia monticola has dark reddish young twigs and huge, deep green ovate (egg-shaped) leaves with pale undersides.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to the South-east United States, Tilia monticola has dark reddish young twigs and huge, deep green ovate (egg-shaped) leaves with pale undersides.
A majestic specimen tree which generally has larger, more impressive leaves if planted in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July
- Flower Colour: white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tilia monticola grows to be a medium sized branching tree.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: Tilia monticola is also sometimes known as Tilia americana var. heterophylla.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large