(Yew Tree) Taxus baccata is a beautiful evergreen conifer which can be grown as a tree or pruned to shape which is native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
The yew is a beautiful evergreen conifer native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia. They are very long lived plants, with some surviving for up to 2000 years, making it the longest lived tree in Europe.
A handsome standalone tree if left to its own devices, Taxus baccata can also be pruned to create a superb formal hedge.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with an open, rounded habit if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: All parts of Taxus baccata are poisonous and should not be eaten!
- Larger Sizes: We can supply yew plants at larger sizes if required. If you would like a quote, please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com with the number & size of plants you require.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers