Taxodium distichum is a handsome, deciduous, medium sized or eventually large tree with lush green summer leaves turning bronze in autumn before falling. Excellent for wet ground!
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Swamp Cypress) A species of deciduous conifer native to the south-eastern United States, Taxodium distichum grows to be an attractive, tall, conical tree.
The pretty, soft green and fern-like leaves will turn shades of rich reddish-brown in autumn before they fall. Taxodium distichum is an eye-catching garden tree which thrives in wet conditions. Taxodium looks fantastic when planted in groups next to ponds or streams.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil. Taxodium distichum will tolerate very wet soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate until established then vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large tree with a conical, upright habit.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like