Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans'
(Bald Cypress) A rare and eye-catching tree, Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans' has a distinctive conical habit and very graceful, thin, awl-shaped leaves arranged in whorls on the branches.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A rare and eye-catching tree, Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans' has a distinctive conical habit and very graceful, thin, awl-shaped leaves arranged in whorls on the branches. These leaves are bright green and turn an attractive shade of bronze before falling in autumn.
Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans' is a fascinating tree highly suitable for wet areas or planting next to streams and ponds. It is however slow to establish and best suited to patient gardeners.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans' will tolerate very wet soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Taxodium ascendens 'Nutans' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized conical tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Habit - Narrow
You might also like