Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine'
(Lilac) A fantastic flowering plant, Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine' has dense clusters of scented double white flowers in late spring which stand out well against the green leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A fantastic flowering plant, Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine' has dense clusters of scented double white flowers in late spring which stand out well against the green leaves.
Syringa vulgaris 'Mme. Lemoine' will flower best in a sunny position and will grow to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually a very small branching tree.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tall multi-stemmed shrub or eventually very small flowering tree in time.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Notes: To encourage flowering in the following year, prune out the current faded flower panicles immediately after flowering.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like