(Snowbell Tree) Rare in the UK this is a deciduous large shrub or eventually very small tree once established with very interesting coarsely toothed leaves and short racemes of white flowers in early summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Rare in the UK, Styrax shiraianus grows as a large shrub or eventually very small tree with very interesting coarsely toothed leaves and short racemes of white flowers in early summer.
The leaves are very eye-catching indeed in appearance and makes this a desirable tree, ideal for a sheltered spot in sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Styrax shiraianus grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually a very small branching tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Styrax shiraianus requires shelter from cold winter winds and will not enjoy cold, exposed positions.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Rare and Unusual, Foliage - Unusual Shape