(Snowbell Tree) Rare in the UK, Styrax shiraianus grows as a large shrub or eventually very small tree with very interesting coarsely toothed leaves and short racemes of white flowers in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Rare in the UK, Styrax shiraianus grows as a large shrub or eventually very small tree with very interesting coarsely toothed leaves and short racemes of white flowers in early summer.
The leaves are very eye-catching indeed in appearance and makes this a desirable tree, ideal for a sheltered spot in sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Styrax shiraianus grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually a very small branching tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Styrax shiraianus requires shelter from cold winter winds and will not enjoy cold, exposed positions.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Rare and Unusual, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
- On sale!
- On sale!