- On sale!
Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails'
(Mexican Feather Grass) A handsome grass, Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' forms an upright clump with narrow thread-like leaves and arching flower panicles in summer.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A handsome grass, Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' forms an upright clump with narrow thread-like leaves and arching flower panicles in summer.
Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' usually grows best in well drained soil with full sun. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Dislikes wet or waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' grows to be a small clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Nassella tenuissima 'Pony Tails'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Small (under 3 ft), Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer
- Sold Out
- On sale!