(Tall Stewartia) A rare and desirable plant native to Japan, Stewartia monadelpha has solitary, very attractive white flowers that are produced in continuous succession in mid to late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare and desirable plant native to Japan, Stewartia monadelpha has solitary, very attractive white flowers that are produced in continuous succession in mid to late summer. The leaves are cool green in spring / summer and turn handsome shades of orange, red and yellow in autumn before falling.
Once mature this Stewartia will develop beautiful, flaking bark which is very eye-catching in the winter time. An excellent specimen for woodland gardens and other sheltered areas.
- Position: Sheltered in partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist, acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Stewartia monadelpha requires protection from late spring frosts as a young plant.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Stewartia monadelpha grows to be a slender, small branching tree.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Rare and Unusual, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also likeNew Price Each £32.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £45.00Regular price £9.95 -5% New Price Each £9.45
New Price Each £18.00
- On sale!