(Chinese Stachyurus) A unusual shrub native to China and Taiwan, Stachyurus chinensis has arching branches covered with pendulous pale yellow flowers in spring once established.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A unusual shrub native to China and Taiwan, Stachyurus chinensis has arching branches covered with pendulous pale yellow flowers in spring once established. These flower stand out well against dark purple-brown winter stems. The summer leaves are dark green in colour & pointed towards the tip.
Stachyurus chinensis is a handsome garden shrub which enjoys sun o partial shade in a position sheltered from strong winds. !
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, acidic, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Stachyurus chinensis 'Celina' requires protection from cold winds & late spring frost once the leaves emerge.
- Flowering Period: March.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a rounded habit.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Stachyurus chinensis will grow in full sun as long as it is planted in a soil which remains moist all year round. As a general rule of thumb, it is usually a little less demanding in a position with partial shade or dappled sunlight.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Catkins, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Winter